The Animal Connection

We will miss you, Joy!

Dear Readers,
 Animals have a way of making us better human beings, and for some of us, providing a reason to get out of bed in the morning.
I'm completing work on my fifth novel as I write this blog post. Each one of my books has had at least one animal character, and each of those characters has been based on a real animal in my life. My latest book, Parlor Favors, has a beautiful Ardennes horse that was inspired by my beautiful Bernese Mountain Dog, Juliet.
In my first book, I wrote about a real experience I had with my family's dog, Harley. He literally saved my life one day when the convicted criminal, a cruel man according to the local sheriff's department, who owned my parent's house before them, returned for his cache of drugs left behind when he was taken away to prison. I was eighteen years old and all alone in a rural area, but thank God, Harley was with me that day and frightened him away.
 The animal human connection is so profound and still largely misunderstood.
All of us have had animals who at one time or another were a part of our lives for a specific reason.
Maybe your story would be about an animal you just met who touched your life, or perhaps the animal wasn't even yours but was in the right place at the right time.
I would love to read your animal stories!
Please share them with me below in comments or email me at tinaproffittbooks@gmail.com
Thanks in advance! I can't wait to read them!
-Tina


Comments

Popular Posts