Red Nobody's Cinnamon Rolls

Red Nobody Cinnamon Rolls


In my latest book, Red Nobody, Cera Raines serves delicious cinnamon rolls to Kyle Preston, the sexy author. Cera is a baker and a bookstore manager, two things I am in alternate universes. In this one, I home school my two children and write novels, but I also get to live vicariously through the characters I write. So, in this post, I'd like to share with you my recipe for cinnamon rolls. The dough is started in the bread machine, which for me, leaves more time for writing. 


                                                                   Cinnamon Rolls
For the dough:
In a bread machine, add:
1 cup warm water
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup melted, unsalted butter
3 cups flour (I use whole wheat pastry flour)
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp active dry yeast

For the filling:
In a separate bowl, add:
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp melted butter

For the glaze:
In a separate bowl, add:
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp milk
Optional: cream cheese
Using additional flour as needed, roll out dough on a flat surface to 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with filling. Roll up the long side so that you end up with a long tube. Cut with a knife into even slices and place them flat side down into a buttered baking pan. 
Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Pour glaze over baked rolls and serve.
Hope you enjoy!
-Tina


Comments

Popular Posts